Kishwaukee College, Associate Professor of English
- Provide engaging and student-centered composition, creative writing, study skills, and humanities curriculum, maintaining high academic standards while demonstrating equitability and fairness.
- Work productively with full time and adjunct instructors through departmental meetings and professional development opportunities.
- Work productively with student services resources to aid in retention and success of writing students.
- Participate in core curriculum assessment of transfer and developmental level writing courses.
- Lead redesign of English developmental courses into an integrated reading/writing format.
- Created and implemented a supplemental instruction course to pair with transfer level composition in an effort to accelerate students (on the cusp of transfer level) through the composition sequence.
- AQIP Coordinator: High School English Foundations, AY17
- Developmental English Coordinator, AY 16
- Developmental Writing Specialist, Aug 2011-Aug 2016
Teaching Assistantships/Other Teaching Experience
Teaching Chair, Technology & Manufacturing, Kishwaukee College, Aug 2019 – May 2021
College of DuPage, Assistant Director for Costa Rica Study Abroad Program, Summer 2015
Jane Adeny Memorial School for Girls, Kipsamwe, Kenya, Summer 2014
Minnesota State University, Film Studies, 2007-2008
Minnesota State University, Creative Writing: Nonfiction, Spring 2008
Minnesota State University, Introduction to Creative Writing, Fall 2007
Minnesota New County School, Experience Week: Creative Writing, October 2007
University of Wisconsin – Green Bay, Introduction to Creative Writing, Fall 2004
photo by ami maxine irmen, jaco, costa rica